Can I just start off with how much I hate people giving out my information without checking with me first?
A friend of mine (who recommended me for some translation jobs a few times, so I love her for that) gave my name and number to a financial advisor. First of all, the dude presented himself as offering me a job and I was all WTF? How would I be in any way ecquiped to work as a financial advisor? Then I tried to tell him over the phone for practically a week that I'm not interested. He wouldn't budge so I met with him today to get him off my back. FAIL.
Hours of my life wasted: 1
Times I used a variation of the phrase "Sorry, not interested.": 6
After that I just figured it would go by quicker to let him say what he wanted. It wasn't a job offer after all, so at least he's not insane just incredibly pushy. He wants to draw up a plan for me and meet again in a week. ARGH. I went in the first place to avoid being rude, but I think it's just going to end up with me screening his calls anyway. Can I just call him and tell him I died?
On the plus side, I didn't give him any referrals so that people aren't dragged into this the same way as I was. That at least I was able to get through to him.
I was at a concert last night after God knows how long and it was great. (Even though the sound system sort of sucked where I was sitting, so boo for the venue.) But seriously great atmosphere. I have to do this more often.
On Saturday I cleaned out my massive closet. A task of mammoth proportions but it looks most excellent now. I got rid of clothes I haven't worn in ages and never will. Best thing - there's space now. Like, my hangers can actually slide and not have to be jammed in and yanked out. Which also means - I can go shopping now! Ha! On the downside, my shoulders still hurt (along with the clothing, there's roughly 100 pounds of books - thrown: a teeny, tiny pocket dictionary; I need my books! - and shoes. Of which I have sadly little but my sister is like Carrie Freakin' Bradshaw! Plus, I whacked my big toe on the ladder and chipped off a piece of my big toenail. I was horrified. Summer is 6 months away! how am I supposed to wear flip flops and sandals (I have really cute ones I got towards the end of this summer, so I barely got to wear them) and open toed anything?! *headdesk* Two days later I admit it's not so bad but if anybody knows anything that will make it grow out faster, please, let me know. I like a pretty pedicure.
In other news, thank you, Anonymous, for my lovely virtual gift. Please, drop me a line, so I can thank you personally.
YOU'RE ON MY FRIENDS LIST, I want to know 28 things about you. I don't care if we've never talked, never really clicked, or if we already know everything about each other. I really don't. You are obviously on my flist, so let me know with whom I'm friends!
1. Your Middle Name:
3. Single or Taken:
4. Favorite Movie:
5. Favorite Song or Album:
6. Favorite Band/Artist:
7. Dirty or Clean:
8. Tattoos and/or Piercings:
9. Do we know each other outside of LJ?
10. What's your philosophy on life?
11. Is the bottle half-full or half-empty?
12. Would you keep a secret from me if you thought it was in my best interest?
13. What is your favorite memory of us?
14. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
15. Tell me one odd/interesting fact about you:
16. You can have three wishes (for yourself, so forget all the 'world peace etc' malarky) - what are they?
17. Can we get together and make a cake?
18. Which country is your spiritual home?
19. What is your big weakness?
20. Do you think I'm a good person?
21. What was your best/favorite subject at school?
22. Describe your accent
23. If you could change anything about me, would you?
24. What do you wear to sleep?
25. Trousers or skirts?
26. Cigarettes or alcohol?
27. If I only had one day to live, what would we do together? (If you have no idea, just say something crazy, it'll entertain me!)
28. Will you repost this so I can fill it out for you?